Monday, May 19, 2014

Heals fabric launch!!

2014 for Heals is an exciting year with the return and re launch of their own brand fabrics.  They have come up with 10 exclusive patterns that celebrate colour and individuality and I am loving the colour ways that I have been working with! I would definitely recommend watching this short film which is a great introduction to the process and introduces the designers involved. 
I was very lucky to be given a small bundle of two prints to make some goodies, Peacock Flower by Malika Favre and Deco Zigzag by Ottilie Stevenson. The fabric is a nice upholstery weight perfect for cushions, home accessories and great for us bag makers!!
Peacock Flower
Deco Zigzag
I really wanted to make the best use of the samples given and show their versatility so here goes .....
The first project using the Deco Zigzag - a couple of coasters and a mini mat. They are lightly padded and backed with a solid fabric from my own stash. Coasters are great for any where and the mini mat could be used as a centre piece on a table or for me as a little mat for my monitor which I tend to slide around on my desk which I also sew on, so this is great to add colour and also protect my table!
On to the second project and for me it had to be a bag or a pouch so here is my zippy pouch! I LOVE how this turned out, again Heals fabric in Peacock Flower with a coordinating solid from my stash.
Make up bag .....
Pencil case .....
or sewing kit pouch!!!
These are great fabric designs and I have loved being able to use the samples and can't wait to see the other fabrics when they are available in stores!

No comments: